Sunday, December 18, 2011

Turning over a new leaf

Over the past semester I really haven't been very social - mostly because my time has been consumed with learning the Spanish language.  Now that the semester is over, I had full plans to continue learning the language at a much slower pace and with much less stress.  (That way the things I learn will actually stick rather than leave my brain after a test.)  Well, this has not been working out super well since I really have little reason to practice...funny how being accountable improves performance.

I have also thought a lot about how the apartment complex I live in is so much different than other places I've lived.  People know each other less - or are less friendly.  I decided that maybe it was just my not really getting to know people in the previous months.  I have planned on becoming more social and improving...with this new decision right about the same time everyone was leaving because they were finished with finals.  Any ideas about the outcome so far?  ;)  Oh well.  I also found some great insights from church today from a talk by Robert D. Hales called Waiting Upon the Lord: Thy Will Be Done it is amazing!  I kept thinking about how we (myself certainly included) tend to decide .... is what I want to have happen in .... amount of time.  It will just happen that way if I do .....  While this is certainly a great method of goal making, some things are just not within our realm of control; It is not OUR decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment