Saturday, January 8, 2011

My "Weakness"...Not Shoes

You know how some women have a weakness for shoes?  They just love to buy and buy shoes, and have so much shoes that they have to have a separate place just to keep them.  I know a few ladies like this, some people love clothes, there's a variety of different loves.  (Over the years scrap-booking has become one - and people have rooms in their homes just for it.)  Interesting phenomenon.  Well, I can understand their love for something like this.  But it may be a little strange...notebooks, journals, and office supplies.  Whenever I go into a store like Staples or Franklin Covey I kind of feel like the Rebecca Bloomwood in "Confessions of a Shopaholic" when she goes into a department store.  I do have more self control - or just avoid going to those stores more since they are not as populous.  One day during the Christmas break my sister said she needed to go to Staples, I was more than happy to take her.  Then as we went, she said that she could do without what she was looking for.  It was at that time I told her my love for Staples.  She had brought that excitement, and we were still going.

As we walked around Staples, I showed her all the things that were wonderful in this store.  I was so excited about all the options...and while I was looking around at this and that - showing everything, I may have teared up a little.  I don't know if it was a while that I had been there or I might have started my period soon after.  Nonetheless, I was so happy!

I also get an email from staples with various coupons.  I found what's call an arc notebook.  This is the perfect notebook!!  Notes, with to do lists, you design everything you want - the way you want it!  And if you decide you want to move something, you can move things around, no prob.  This is the case with most organizers, I realize...but this one just looks cool.

It may be a little like those great shoes or a shirt you think are amazing and realize later that it was totally a fad. When you see pictures you just wonder what you were thinking.  But sometimes if a little piece of joy is brought by what you think will bring order, I think this is good for as long as it lasts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment