Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Flowers


As I lay under my covers my mind starts to wonder, a habit that has been established in my childhood. This is the time that I have had my deepest ponderings, when I've come up with some of my greatest theories to help me see life the way that brings me the most joy. As I look over to my sweet roommate's wall with incredible pictures of flowers, I start to think of all the glorious creations we have all over the world - in flowers alone. I start to think about my previous thought that I'm positive our Mother in Heaven couldn't have sit back and watched everything, clearly she would want to be a part of it all! Flowers must have been something she had her hand in. I think about General Conference back in November, 2008. In a talk entitled Happiness, Your Heritage by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, he talks of our need to create as women. As the Lord's inspired servant, he reveals truth - and truth is eternal, without beginning or end. Our Heavenly Father knew this about our sweet Mother. How beautiful it would be if He knew this - and invited her to create flowers. Even more if they created them together. The combination of their ideas brought about such a variety that covers the globe in classic beauty. There is such variety that wherever their children would venture, there would be flowers unique to their location.

I think our souls know this is something that we remember. This is why a flower is a universal sign of friendship, love, beauty, strength, light, it could symbolize any Godly emotion - because it came from a Godly love! Even little children have an innate desire to pick flowers and bring it to their mommy because they believe it will bring her joy.

Now as I think about flowers I feel a sense of joy. While it is just my own theory, I can always have a symbol to remember the perfect love of my perfect Heavenly Parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment